The best ever healthy burgers! You can’t really go wrong with buffalo flavor– just thinking about the flavor in these burgers makes my mouth water. Paired with some crispy potatoes and a big salad and you’re set!
This is one of the first recipes I made for my old site- I was really excited to retest this and reshoot it. We enjoyed this meal so much afterward– it’s satisfying, filling, and it comes together in 20 minutes. The best kinds of meals are the simplest ones!
For the buffalo aspect, I recommend Frank’s Red Hot or New Primal paleo buffalo sauce. They’re both delicious, and they’re both made with simple ingredients! It’s important to be mindful of all ingredients, even in sauces/condiments. I actually find this is one of the biggest places where poor ingredients sneak in. Always read your label!
There are also some hidden veggies in these, which you guys know I’m all about. Some carrots and spinach for a little nutrient boost!
This is a perfect weeknight staple to have in your back pocket, especially for those nights where you want something delish and healthy but don’t want to spend an hour or more in the kitchen.
Super easy buffalo turkey burgers. The perfect meal prep, weeknight, or weekend healthy staple!
- 1 lb ground turkey or chicken
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded carrot (~1 large carrot)
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce or frank’s red hot sauce
- 1 tbsp dairy free ranch (optional for flavor)
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Few cracks of black pepper
- oil for pan
- combine all ingredients together in a large bowl with your hands until everything is well combined. form into 8 small patties or 4-6 larger patties.
- cook on a lightly greased non stick skillet for 5-6 minutes per side, or until an internal temp of 165F is reached.