The BEST dairy free nachos you will ever make!! With a BBQ or buffalo chicken options, and an amazing dairy free queso blanco sauce!
Your new favorite appetizer for summer holidays and backyard BBQs, family parties, game day, or girls night. You name it- these dairy free nachos will take any gathering to the next level. They’re full of flavor, super easy to make using rotisserie chicken and a quick and simple blender queso sauce, and any toppings you love!
I’be given suggestion for toppings in the recipe, but you can really make these your own and load the nachos up with anything you love!
These BBQ (or buffalo) chicken nachos are:
- Dairy free
- Gluten free
- Paleo friendly (using a grain free tortilla chip)
- Soy free
- Simple, healthier than your average nachos, and SO delicious.
You will be lucky enough to likely have some of the delicious queso leftovers. You can keep this in the fridge for drizzling on roasted potatoes, broccoli, chicken, tacos, or more nachos. It’s honestly addicting!!
This queso blanco was inspired by the Siete store-bought version. If you’ve had it, you knowhow amazing it is! I have to say…as much as I love that one, I think I like this one way more. It’s so creamy, not too spicy but has a little kick (you can of course make it spicier), and made with just a handful of ingredients.
You can also, of course, make the queso on its own without plans to make the nachos. It’s super versatile 🙂
I am SO excited for you guys to make these nachos! Be sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see yours, and leave a rating and review below if you give them a try 🙂
Dairy free, gluten free, and paleo-friendly BBQ or buffalo chicken nachos!
For the queso
- 1 heaping cup raw cashews, soaked in boiling water for 1 hour and drained*
- 1 (4 oz) can of green chiles
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2–1 tsp sea salt, to taste
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 can diced tomatoes with chiles, drained
- Optional: cayenne for extra spice
For the nachos
- ~16 oz bag of your favorite tortilla chips (or more, see note**)
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 3/4 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (can sub buffalo instead)
- Cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
Optional add ins:
- Thinly sliced shallot or red onion
- Fresh spinach, roughly chopped for topping
- Pickled jalapeños
- Tomatoes, diced
- Soak your cashews in boiling water, covered, for 1 hour (or soak them uncovered in cool water over night). Drain and rinse, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix your chicken with your BBQ sauce. In your desired baking dish, spread a layer of tortilla chips. Sprinkle your chicken, black beans, and thinly sliced shallot or red onion (if using) on top, then repeat with another layer of chips and so forth. (Alternatively, you could do 1-2 layers on a large baking sheet). You can make as much or as little nachos as you’d like.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, until chicken is heated through.
- While nachos are in the oven, add all queso ingredients BESIDES the drained tomatoes and chiles to your blender. Blend for about a minute, until super smooth. Pour queso into a bowl or jar, then stir in 1/3 of the can of drained tomatoes and chiles. If desired, you can add more of the tomatoes. Taste, and stir in cayenne if you want it spicier or more salt if needed.
- Pour a generous amount of queso over the nachos, add your desired toppings, serve and enjoy!
*You can also soak the cashews overnight in cold water. If you don’t have a high speed blender, I recommend this method!
**You don’t have to use the whole bag, or you can use two bags. I made a smaller batch of nachos and had leftover queso to use later on!