Gluten free, dairy free option, and paleo friendly- but you’d NEVER know it! These cookie ice cream sandwiches are made with soft and gooey almond flour cookies and creamy vegan ice cream. Heaven in dessert form 🙂
The cookies are so easy to make- made with some simple ingredients and a one bowl recipe. For the ice cream, you can use any vegan ice cream you love! In these photos, I did some with vegan vanilla ice cream and some with vegan salted caramel chocolate chip! If you don’t need them to be dairy free, you can of course use regular ice cream! Alternatively, you could make your own banana “nice” cream, recipe here. Whichever you choose, they will be absolute perfection!!
For the cookies you’ll need:
- Butter (vegan butter or coconut oil for dairy free)
- Coconut sugar
- Almond flour
- Cocoa powder
- Sea salt
- Baking powder
- Chocolate chips
That’s it! So simple 🙂
By the way, the cookies are absolutely wonderful on their own. So, if you aren’t in the mood to make ice cream sandwiches you can definitely opt for making just the cookies!! We love these double chocolate cookies with a glass of cold almond milk!
This recipe is perfect for the family, gatherings with friends, or to treat yourself on the weekend. You really can’t go wrong with an ice cream cookie sandwich- everyone will LOVE these!!
If you want, you can prep some ahead of time and store them carefully in a stasher bag in the freezer. They may be a bit hard to bite into for a minute or two, but they will quickly thaw after a few minutes on the counter!
You can also make the cookies the day before serving- just be sure to store them in an airtight container onthe counter once they are cooled!
I am SO excited to share this recipe with you all. I know you will love these ice cream cookie sandwiches as much as we do 🙂 Once again, you would NEVER know these are gluten free. It’s the perfect gooey chocolate cookie to pair with cool and creamy ice cream. I’m so excited to hear what you think!
Be sure to tag me on Instagram and leave a rating and comment below if you give these a try! Enjoy! xoPrint
Gluten free, dairy free, and paleo-friendly ice cream cookie sandwiches with double chocolate cookies!
For the cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (sub coconut oil or vegan butter for dairy free)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 + 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dairy free if needed)
For the ice cream sandwiches
- Any vegan or regular ice cream of choice
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the melted butter, egg, vanilla, and coconut sugar until smooth.
- Stir in the almond flour, cocoa powder, sea salt, and baking soda. It may seem like there is not enough liquid at first, but there is! Mix the dough for a minute or so until everything is well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough into about 16 cookies on your parchment-line baking sheet, leaving a little space between each cookie. Shape the dough into balls, then slightly flatten with your hand.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes; cookies will continue to set while cooling so be careful not to over bake!
- Allow to completely cool before making ice cream sandwiches. Leftover cookies can be stores in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days.