Your new favorite side dish! Perfectly roasted fingerling potatoes with the best creamy vegan cilantro lime tahini sauce. Pure HEAVEN!
The most perfect staple side dish. These fingerling potatoes go well with any protein, salad, veggie bowl, etc. An amazing option for any weeknight dinner, summer BBQ, or family gathering. They’re full of flavor, healthy, and straight up addicting!
These potatoes are gluten free, vegan, soy free, and grain free. They’re so simple and made with only wholesome, nourishing ingredients!
It was hard for me to stop eating them while I took these photos to be honest…the sauce is just so good. I could lick it straight off the spoon lol! The tahini gives the sauce a nice creamy texture (if you don’t love tahini, you can’t really taste it). This sauce gets its flavor from fresh cilantro, garlic, and lime juice. Plus an option kick of heat from a fresh jalapeño!
The best part is, you may have some extra sauce leftover! You can keep it in the fridge for up to a week. Pour it on tacos, chicken, fish, roasted veggies, or grain bowls. It’s SO versatile and takes basically any dish to the next level!
I swear a good sauce is what makes healthy recipes more enjoyable! I am always coming up with new sauces with creative flavor pairings that elevate a dish and leave you coming back for more. Plus, it’s the best way to get you or your loved ones to eat more veggies! Just cover them up in a healthy sauce and the whole family will be getting their veggie fix 🙂
We served these potatoes with a delicious simple kale salad and turkey (any protein would have worked, though!).
My go-to kale salad recipe:
- Chopped kale (any variety will work)
- Glug of olive oil
- Splash of apple cider vinegar, to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Nutritional yeast
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Raw pumpkin seeds
It’s one of those recipes I really don’t measure anything for. Once you make it a few times you’ll nail the ratios for how you prefer your salads to taste, and I swear it’s the only way I make a kale salad!
Ok, back to the potatoes! These fingerling potatoes are perfectly roasted with a slight crisp on the outside and a delicious garlic flavor. The cilantro lime tahini sauce is bright, fresh, creamy, and the perfect pairing for the potatoes. I swear one bite and you’ll be hooked!
This recipe is super easy to make, and will make the best go-to side dish for any meal. I am so excited for you guys to try this recipe! Enjoy and be sure to let me know if you give this recipe a try by leaving a rating and comment below!Print
The best roasted fingerling potatoes with a creamy cilantro lime tahini sauce (vegan, gluten free, and paleo).
For the potatoes
- 1 + 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- 3 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup filtered water (more, as needed to thin)
- 1 jalapeño, stem and seeds removed (optional, see note*)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise, then toss in a large bowl with the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Spread potatoes out on your lined baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes, tossing once halfway through, until desired crispness is achieved.
- While potatoes are roasting, add all sauce ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend into a smooth sauce, taste and adjust salt if needed or add more water if you want it thinner.
- Allow potatoes to cool for at least 5 minutes before plating, pouring sauce over (you will likely have some left over to use for other meals), and enjoy!
*The sauce is not too spicy as long as you remove the seeds. If you prefer no spice at all you can skip the jalapeño and replace with a few green onions (dark and light green part only).