Crispy simple paleo chicken tenders made in 12 minutes in the air fryer! One of my new favorite kitchen gadgets (the air fryer I have linked here) makes recipes like this so quick and easy!
We received this from our wedding registry at our shower back in October, and we have used it almost every day since! I love that it is both a toaster oven and an air fryer (we don’t have a toaster so this doubles as both for us!). We make perfectly roasted veggies in it, these amazing chicken tenders, and crispy potatoes (to name a few!).
All you need for these easy chicken tenders:
- chicken tenders (I always go for organic)
- almond flour
- seasonings (paprika, sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc.)
That’s it! And they only take 11-12 minutes. So easy! A great gluten and grain free, low carb alternative to classic chicken tenders. Because yes I am 27 and still obsessed with chicken tenders?!
What should I serve these with?
- For sauces: honey mustard, horseradish mustard, bbq sauce, or classic ketchup
- Side dishes: any veggies! Make this a complete meal by serving it with some simple roasted veggies, and maybe some roasted potatoes or quinoa for a little something extra!
These are so great for a weeknight meal to change things up from boring regular chicken, ya know? Sometimes we just need to get a little creative to enjoy eating good, healthy food. Nothing wrong with that!
Super simple crispy air fryer chicken tenders!
- 1.75–2 lb boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- cayenne pepper, to taste (optional for a little kick)
- Avocado or coconut oil spray
- In a bowl, mix together the almond flour and all seasonings until well combined.
- Dip each chicken tender one by one in the almond flour mixture to coat, then lay flat in the air fryer basket. (If all of your chicken tenders don’t fit, you can bake in 2 batches).
- Once chicken tenders are coated and laying flat in the basket, lightly spray with cooking oil spray. Turn each chicken tender over and lightly spray again.
- Cook in air fryer at 375°F for 11-12 minutes, gently shaking the basket halfway through. Serve with your favorite sauces and enjoy!