Dairy free creamy coconut lime rice! Super creamy and full of flavor!
- 1 + 1/2 cups of uncooked white jasmine rice
- 2 + 1/2 cups of water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely diced white or yellow onion
- 2 large cloves of garlic (or 4 small cloves), minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped (measure before chopping)
- Start by cooking the rice. In a pot with a lid, bring the rice and water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let steam for an additional 10 minutes.
- While rice is finishing cooking, heat a large skillet with high sides over medium heat. Slightly reduce heat, add the olive oil, then add the onions and allow to cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the garlic, salt, and pepper and cook for 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat to the lowest setting, then stir in the coconut milk (both the thick part and the liquid part). Let sit on low heat for 5 minutes, then stir in the rice, lime juice, and cilantro until everything is well combined. Remove from heat and enjoy!