Creamy cavatappi pasta. Easy to make and so delicious, with dairy free options!
- 8 oz cavatappi noodles (I used these; be sure not to over cook if using this brand as they tend to fall apart)
- 1 tbsp butter (sub vegan butter or olive oil for dairy free)
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 cup plain unsweetened dairy free creamer (*see note for subs)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese (dairy free or regular)
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese (or sub vegan parmesan, recipe here)
- To make the sauce, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- While onions and garlic are cooking, start to cook your pasta.
- After onions and garlic have cooked for 5 minutes, slightly reduce heat and pour in the wine. Allow to cook down for 3 minutes. Stir in creamer, cream cheese, broth, and salt and pepper. Reduce heat to a simmer, and allow sauce to simmer and thicken for about 5 minutes.
- Turn heat off and stir in cooked pasta.
- Remove from heat, top with regular or vegan parmesan, and enjoy!
I prefer this creamer for this recipe; you can sub regular or unsweetened dairy free milk but the sauce may be slightly thinner.