I am SO excited to share this insanely delicious vegan, paleo friendly, simple creamy mushroom spaghetti squash recipe!
The sauce is so dreamy- I am so thrilled with how it turned out. You would never know it’s dairy free, and it’s so simple. The flavor, the smells, the silky texture- everything about it is perfect!!
It’s a perfect weeknight or Sunday pasta recipe. A quick yet fancy meal that mushroom lovers will be obsessed with!
You could easily serve this with any pasta noodle or regular spaghetti- it’s super versatile. You could also serve it over chicken or fish…I think I’m going to try that next!
The sauce is nourishing, made with wholesome ingredients, and will easily become a weekly staple for my mushroom sauce lovers! It’s one of those recipes you can quickly memorize after making a few times and just have in your back pocket to whip up!
Plus, there’s a bonus recipe included int he directions for my Instant Pot spaghetti squash! It’s such a time saver, and leaves you with the most perfect spaghetti squash noodles!
Serve it with your favorite protein or veggies, or a simple side salad. Again, it’s super versatile and the perfect dish to pair with whatever you’ve got on hand!
The sauce is completely dairy free, gluten free, and paleo-friendly. A cozy, nourishing dish that tastes like an old school classic.
I can’t wait to hear what you all think of this one! Be sure to leave a rating and comment below if you give this one a try, and tag me on Instagram so I can see 🙂Print
Creamy Vegan and Paleo Friendly Mushroom Spaghetti Squash. Simple, healthy, and flavorful! Plus, Instant Pot spaghetti squash instructions!
- 1 small spaghetti squash*
For the Sauce
- 1 tbsp butter (sub vegan butter or olive oil for dairy free)
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2–3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 (8 oz) package of sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup dry white wine**, such as Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 cup plain unsweetened dairy free creamer (I prefer this one for this recipe)
- 1/4 cup dairy free cream cheese
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- First, cook your spaghetti squash. For the Instant pot, slice your spaghetti squash in half, add 1 cup of water to your instant pot and the steamer insert. Place spaghetti squash on the insert, secure the lid and make sure the pressure release valve is closed, then set to Pressure Cook on High for 8 minutes. Allow steam to release naturally for 5-10 minutes, then release remaining pressure and remove spaghetti squash. Shred with a fork and set aside. (For the oven, slice in half and drizzle with olive oil. Roast at 400°F until tender, 35-45 minutes).
- To make the sauce, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and the onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Slightly reduce heat and stir in olive oil and garlic, then add the sliced mushrooms and season well with salt and pepper; give everything a good stir. Allow to cook for 5-7 minutes, until mushrooms are soft and cooked to your liking.
- Pour in wine and allow to cook down for 3 minutes. Stir in creamer, cream cheese, and broth. Reduce heat to a simmer, and allow sauce to simmer and thicken for about 5 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and stir in cooked spaghetti squash. If your squash is larger, start with half of the squash and add more until the sauce to spaghetti squash ratio is to your liking.
- Remove from heat, top with vegan parmesan, and enjoy!
*You can easily sub regular spaghetti or any pasta you have on hand! Start with enough pasta for 2, and add more noodles as needed until sauce to noodle ratio is perfect!
**You can sub more broth in place of wine if you prefer not to cook with wine. However this will slightly change the taste as the wine adds a lovely flavor.