You guys! This cinnamon apple bread turned out way more perfect than I even imagined. It’s fluffy, moist, and has the perfect combo of soft-baked apples and cinnamon. And the cream cheese frosting? Heaven!
This cinnamon apple bread is refined sugar free, gluten free, and can be made dairy free (just sub vegan butter or coconut oil for the butter).
I kept the cream cheese frosting lower in sugar than your average cream cheese frosting- with just a bit of maple syrup to sweeten it!
I know people hate this word but…I need my loaves/cakes to be moist! This bread is perfectly moist from the apple sauce, and it’s so fluffy. Perfect with your morning cup of warm coffee 🙂
The apples get perfectly soft (no sautéing of the apples required!), and the combination of the almond, oat, and tapioca flour result in a perfectly soft loaf. SO delish!
I have made the frosting with both regular and dairy free cream cheese- both ways turn out delicious! If you are wanting to keep this dairy free, I would sub the butter in the frosting with a vegan butter! This will give you the closest results for taste and texture.
This apple bread is such a perfect Fall treat! I’m so excited for you guys to make this one. Let me know in the comments below if you give it a try!
I don’t recommend making any substitutes for the flours in the recipe. For best results I suggest keeping the recipe as is, or the texture may turn out differently! xo
The best gluten free cinnamon apple bread ever!
- 1 + 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch (aka tapioca flour)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 apples, peeled and diced into small pieced (Gala or Honeycrisp is best!)
For the cream cheese frosting:
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/3 cup softened cream cheese
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper (tip: spray the loaf pan first to help the parchment lay flatly).
- In a large bowl whisk the almond flour, oat flour, tapioca starch, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and powder, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the remaining wet ingredients together, then mix into the dry ingredients until a smooth batter forms. Fold in the peeled and diced apples.
- Pour batter into your lined loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean (a few moist crumbs are fine; I baked mine for 53 minutes).
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then lift the loaf carefully by the parchment paper to transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before slicing, as the bread continues to cook a bit while cooling.
- For the frosting, whisk all ingredients until smooth. Spread onto the loaf once it has cooled. Serve and enjoy!