Super creamy vegan and paleo-friendly cashew cream tomato sauce. An easy and healthy versatile sauce!
- 1 (25 oz) jar of tomato basil marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup cashew cream (recipe below)
- 1 (12 oz) box of pasta (optional, can be served with anything you like!)
- Pasta water to thin
For the cashew cream:
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 6+ hours, drained + rinsed
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 large clove of garlic
- Sea salt, to taste
- Make the cashew cream by blending the soaked cashews with the water, garlic, and salt until super smooth.
- Heat the jar of marinara on low until heated through, then stir in 1/2 cup of the cashew cream until smooth and heated through. Add pasta water to thin as needed, 1 tbsp at a time (optional).
- Store leftover cashew cream in an airtight container the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.