Easy gluten free cassava flour brownies. Fluffy, perfectly sweet, and simple!
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 5 tbsp grass fed butter or ghee
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- ~1/2 container of chocolate frosting (I used this one)
- Naturally dyed sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease an 8×8 baking pan.
- On the stove, gently heat the chocolate, maple syrup, butter, and cocoa powder on low until melted and smooth, stirring frequently. Be careful not to burn. Set aside to cool.
- While chocolate mixture is cooling, in a large bowl whisk together the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in the cassava flour, sea salt, and baking soda. Pour in the chocolate mixture (use a rubber spatula to make sure you get all of the chocolate mixture out of the pot!) and stir until it is a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into the greased baking dish and spread evenly with a spatula. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean (a few crumbs are fine- careful not to over bake!). Allow to completely cool for at least 25 minutes before adding frosting/sprinkles and slicing. Enjoy!
I want to make this bc I just bought a bag of cassava flour and have never baked w it before! I’m team fudgey – is there a way to make these more fudgey but keep the cassava flour? Thanks!
It’s really hard for me to say because it would be a totally different recipe! I have only made this one as is and it’s a cakey brownie. I have cosmic brownies on the blog, but they don’t use cassava. I’m sorry! xo
Wow, these are awesome! I used grass fed vanilla bean ghee and decided against the frosting and they were a hit! Making again tomorrow. I love that they don’t have any almond flour as I feel it’s being over used. Thanks for this!
Which naturally dyed sprinkles u use