A super simple, nutrient-dense meal. A cabbage and tofu noodle dish that provides antioxidants, fiber, vitamin D, and plant-based protein.
In light of everything happening with the Corona Virus, I have been hesitant to focus on sharing new meals. I know that right now, food options are limited for some. Some are unable to leave their home, and many are being greatly affected by this virus. I am thinking so often of those suffering in any way, and doing my best to protect those around me.
I wanted to share this wholesome, immunity-boosting meal because it is simple, and most of the ingredients you may have on hand or will be hopefully be relatively easy for you to purchase.
I started making this dish a few months back without much of a recipe. However, when I shared it on my story you guys were begging for one! So I’m so happy to finally get this on the blog for you 🙂
It’s gluten free, vegan, and ready in about 20 minutes. The best kind of meals!
The cabbage in this dish provides lots of antioxidants to boost our immunity, while also providing fiber to keep us full and protect our gut. The mushrooms provide us with Vitamin D, another great bonus, while the spinach packs tons of vitamins and minerals. And you can never go wrong with some cozy carbs!
You can definitely make some adjustments to this based on what you are able to have on hand. Sub any greens for the spinach, and simply leave out the mushrooms if you can’t find any (though my grocery store had plenty!). You can also use any type of noodle you have!
Enjoy, and stay healthy and safe! xxPrint
Simple and nourishing noodle stir fry with purple cabbage, mushrooms, and spinach.
- 1 cup penne noodles, measured when dry (gluten free, if needed)
- 1/2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 7 oz firm tofu, cubed
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage (I use a mandoline)
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 1–2 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- First, prepare all of the veggies. Then cook pasta according to directions on box.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add avocado oil, onion, and garlic. Cook until fragrant, 30-60 seconds.
- Stir in tofu, cabbage, and mushrooms. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Slightly reduce heat, then stir in coconut aminos and sesame oil. Season well with salt and pepper, plus a pinch of red pepper flakes. Give everything a good stir, then allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta, then stir the pasta into the pan along with the baby spinach. Remove from heat and serve!