A simple and healthy dinner: grain free chicken nuggets and cauliflower tray bake.
I’ve got a thing for tray bakes/sheet pan meals lately! Can you blame me? They’re so easy to toss together, and once you’ve got them in the oven you can pretty much sit back and relax!
These almond flour chicken nuggets are such a delish and healthier spin on the fast food classic. They’re made with just egg, almond flour, and seasonings. Simple!
I wanted to toss a non-starchy veggie on this tray for a filling, nourishing, and balanced dish. You could definitely pair this with potatoes or rice if you’re feeling a starch- carbs are nothing to be afriad of 🙂
All you need is some good dips and you’re set for a perfect meal! Think ketchup, BBQ sauce, ranch, or honey mustard. Just a few of my faves! Look for ones with minimal ingredients if you can.
This tray bake is about to be your new go-to meal when the fast food cravings hit but you wan’t to lighten it up. We all have those days where we’re craving those kind of foods! I love to find healthy ways to enjoy our old favorites to eat in a way that leaves me feeling good.
Leave a note and rating below if you give this one a try 🙂 Enjoy!Print
Simple baked almond flour chicken nuggets and cauliflower!
For the cauliflower:
- 1 (small-ish) head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 + 1/2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Black pepper, to taste
For the chicken nuggets
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast, cut into “nuggets”
- 2 eggs
- 1 + 1/4 cup super fine almond flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Dash of cayenne
- Black pepper, to taste
- Oil spray, for the baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray the parchment with avocado or coconut oil spray to grease.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour and the seasonings for the chicken nuggets. Set aside.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. Toss the florets in a large bowl with the olive oil, then toss again with all of the seasonings. Transfer to the bottom half of the baking sheet.
- In the bowl that you tossed the cauliflower in, whisk the eggs for the chicken.
- Dip each chicken nugget in the egg, allowing excess to drip off, then dredge in the almond flour mixture and lay them out on the top half of the baking sheet. *Try to use one hand for the egg wash and 1 hand for the almond flour mixture, to avoid the almond flour mixture getting lumpy.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully flip each chicken nugget and gently toss the cauliflower, then return to oven for another 12-16 minutes, until nuggets are slightly browned and crispy.