Simple and nourishing noodle stir fry with purple cabbage, mushrooms, and spinach.
- 1 cup penne noodles, measured when dry (gluten free, if needed)
- 1/2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 7 oz firm tofu, cubed
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage (I use a mandoline)
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 1–2 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- First, prepare all of the veggies. Then cook pasta according to directions on box.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add avocado oil, onion, and garlic. Cook until fragrant, 30-60 seconds.
- Stir in tofu, cabbage, and mushrooms. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Slightly reduce heat, then stir in coconut aminos and sesame oil. Season well with salt and pepper, plus a pinch of red pepper flakes. Give everything a good stir, then allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta, then stir the pasta into the pan along with the baby spinach. Remove from heat and serve!