Like a warm slice of fluffy banana bread, but in cookie form 🙂 These gluten free and vegan friendly banana walnut cookies are soo delish!
After a bit of a creative rut in the kitchen, I finally feel like I’m back in my groove this week! I’ve been so inspired to put together simple and delicious recipes for you guys. It feels so good to crank out some new content!
These banana walnut cookies are fluffy and the flavor is perfect, yet they are surprisingly low in sugar for a cookie! Plus, they are only sweetened with coconut sugar and the banana. Made with real, wholesome ingredients. The perfect little treat right now while spending some low-key time at home.
I am personally obsessed with walnuts in both my cookies and in my banana bread- so I had to toss them in these cookies! They pair perfectly with the nutty almond flour, melty chocolate chips, and sweet banana.
I love to keep all of the ingredients in these cookies on hand to whip up healthier treats at home when I get a sweet craving, Plus, these cookies take about 10 minutes to throw together. Yes please!
They are egg free, refined sugar free, grain free, and can be made dairy free! These cookies are simple and perfect 🙂
These cookies slightly warm with a cold glass of oat or almond cashew=heaven! I’m excited to see you guys baking up a batch of these! Be sure to let me know if you give these a try! xo
*Note, I have not made these with any other flour substitutions. I recommend keeping the recipe as is for best results!Print
Paleo and vegan friendly banana walnut cookies!
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (sub coconut oil or vegan butter for vegan)
- 1 spotty ripe banana
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup super fine almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mash the banana and mix with melted butter, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Mix dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until well combined, then fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Scoop out dough into 10 cookies. Sprinkle each cookie with extra chocolate chips and a pinch of flakey sea salt (optional), then slightly press down each ball of dough.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Allow to cool before serving. Can be stored on the counter in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.