One of the best little healthy treats you can keep stocked in your freezer! These banana snickers bites are layered with vegan caramel, peanut butter, crunchy peanuts, and a chocolate coating.
The banana replaces the typical nougat layer of a snickers- and it gives it a snickers ice cream bar vibe! It adds the perfect texture and natural sweetness.
The caramel peanut butter layer is out of this world good. So smooth, creamy, and flavorful.
The hardest part is just waiting for them to freeze! Other than that, these are so simple to make! And it makes a lot, so you’ll have treats for days in the freezer 🙂
Be sure to prep your caramel ahead of time (I made mine a day in advance), so that it has time to cool! Otherwise it will just run right off the banana bites and create a mess!
I can’t wait for you guys to try these vegan snicker bites! Be sure to let me know what you think! 🙂Print
Vegan + gluten free frozen banana snickers bites!
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup vegan caramel sauce (recipe here)*
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 cups dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Make the caramel in at least a couple hours in advance so that it has time to cool.
- Mix 1/4 cup of the caramel sauce* with 1/4 cup of peanut butter and a pinch of sea salt.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Slice the bananas about 1/4″ thick on an angle and lay them flat on the parchment paper. Top each slice with the peanut butter caramel mixture and some crushed peanuts. Optional: sFreeze for 1-2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate 1 cup at a time with 1/2 tsp coconut oil (if you do it all at once, the bananas will thaw too much). Using a fork, dip the banana slices in the chocolate. Dip as many as you can, then set back in the freezer and prep the rest of the chocolate with the remaining coconut oil. Note, you may need more chocolate depending on size of bananas.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month.
*You will have leftover caramel sauce. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks and enjoy on apples, bananas, ice cream, etc.!