Call me crazy butttt…I think caramel just officially came apart of my weekly meal prep lol. I am completely OBSESSED with this vegan + paleo caramel sauce!
I cannot believe how amazing this simple caramel sauce turned out. It is the exact flavor, texture, and sweetness I wanted, while still being made with simple ingredients!
This caramel sauce is refined sugar free; it’s sweetened with coconut sugar and maple syrup. Plus, it’s dairy free! It get’s it’s creaminess from full fat coconut milk, but doesn’t have a coconut flavor. The flavors and textures all just melt together perfectly for a silky smooth, rich caramel sauce.
It will give you nostalgic, old school caramel sauce vibes with a healthier spin on the ingredients. No corn syrup, preservatives, chemicals, food coloring, etc. Just real, wholesome ingredients and a super delicious result. Yes please!
As you can see, I went all out for some apple nachos with this caramel sauce (plus peanut butter, yogurt, granola, and cinnamon). But, you can use this in so many fun ways!
In your coffee, on your ice cream, with banana soft serve, on oatmeal, etc. The possibilities are endless and delicious! I also have a dairy free hot fudge recipe, so if you’re in a sundae mood they are the perfect duo!
I foresee myself using this caramel sauce in lots of cozy recipes this fall 😉
This sauce will store in the fridge for 1-2 weeks, and it only takes about 5 minutes to make. Little work with LOTS of reward! I am truly obsessed.
I am so excited for you all to make this caramel sauce. I know you’re going to love it as much as I do!
Be sure to let me know what you think below with a rating and comment, and tag me on Instagram so that I can see how you’re using it! xoPrint
Silky smooth vegan and paleo caramel sauce. Ready in 5 minutes!
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk from the can (mostly the thick creamy part on top, but if the liquid part gets mixed in that’s ok)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch (can sub cornstarch but not tapioca starch)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2–4 tbsp dairy free milk of choice, as needed
- Add the full fat coconut milk, coconut sugar, maple syrup, arrowroot starch, vanilla, and sea salt to a small pot.
- Give everything a good stir then heat over medium heat. Once sauce is simmering, continuously whisk for 3-4 minutes, until sauce is thickened, dark brown, and glossy. Remove pot from heat.
- Pour caramel sauce into a jar, then mix in 2-4 tbsp dairy free milk to get the sauce to desired consistency and help smooth out any lumps (some lumps are ok).
- Allow to slightly cool before serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks. Reheating is not necessary, but if you would like to serve the leftover caramel warm then gently reheat in the microwave or on the stove.