The most perfect high protein, veggie filled breakfast bake! Perfect for meal prep or family brunch!
This quinoa and egg breakfast bake is filled with veggies. The broccoli and spinach add fiber and micronutrients of the bake, and they pair perfectly with the cheddar and quinoa!
It’s cozy, comfort food for breakfast while still being a healthy and energizing way to start your day. That’s my kind of meal!
The eggs, quinoa, and cheese all add a great amount of protein to this breakfast, making it filling and satisfying.
Can you really go wrong with broccoli cheddar? It’s forever one of th ebest flavor combos if you ask me!
This is a super simple and nourishing meal to prep for a busy week, or to make for a big brunch at home! This would also be a great meal to make for new parents or a family in need of some stress free meals.
It holds up well in the fridge, reheats well, and is pretty allergen friendly! Lots of wins! It’s gluten free, nut free (depending on the milk you use), and grain free. Yes, quinoa is a seed- not a grain! Not that there is anything wrong with grains. But, for those who choose a grain free lifestyle, you can enjoy this breakfast, too!
You can serve it as is, or load it up with your toppings of choice! A dollop of plain Greek yogurt adds some extra protein and compliments the flavors really well, or some avocado for extra healthy fats. A little hot sauce is essential in my opinion, too 😉
You guys have been asking for more breakfast meal prep recipes, so I hope you love this one as much as I do! Please let me know in the comments below if you make this, and tag me on Instagram so I can see yours 🙂
A high protein, veggie-packed quinoa and egg breakfast bake! Gluten free, grain free, and nut free.
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup white quinoa, rinsed (measure before cooking)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups chopped frozen spinach
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup or milk of choice*
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Hot sauce
- Green onion
- Plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Start by cooking quinoa according to the directions on your package, but use the veggie broth instead of water to cook it. *Be sure to rinse quinoa in a mesh strainer before cooking! Set aside once finished cooking.
- While quinoa is cooking, prep the veggies. Heat a large skillet over medium heat with the olive oil. Stir in the broccoli florets and onion, and allow to cook 7-9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until veggies are soft but broccoli is still bright green. Stir in frozen spinach and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes, until heated through. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease an 8×8″ square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk and all of the seasonings, then whisk in 1 and 1/2 cups of the cheese.
- Stir in the veggies and the cooked quinoa until everything is well combined.
- Pour mixture into the greased baking dish and top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, or until eggs are set. Broil on high at the end to for 3-5 minutes to brown the cheese (optional). Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving with toppings of choice!
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
*If you are using a dairy free milk, be sure it is plain and unsweetened with no natural flavors added. If flavors are added to the milk, it can change the flavor of the breakfast bake.