The absolute BEST vegan cream cheese loaded with veggies. Made from cashews, so it’s both dairy and soy free!
Veggie cream cheese is my favorite on bagels- I love ones that are extra loaded with all the veg, so that’s what I did for this recipe. Plus, you can totally play around with this and add whatever veggies you want! This recipe is packed with crunchy carrots, red onion, and fresh green onion.You can add jalapeños for spice, or cucumbers for a fresh touch.
I’m obsessed with this cream cheese on bagels, sourdough toast, or english muffins with an egg on top (my personal fave)! I love having a batch of this in the fridge for the week for delicious breakfasts…makes you way more excited to get out of bed ya know? Pro tip: serve this up with some extra veggies to increase the nutrient-density and fiber content of the meal.
I feel like cashews can do no wrong. They make the best base for creamy vegan sauces, frostings, and savory spreads. Just remember to soak yours the night before! Then this cream cheese just takes a quick blend and you’re set to add your veggies!
If you’re dairy free or vegan and missing your cream cheese- this is the recipe to try! It’s simple, healthy, and so SO delicious. Enjoy!!Print
The best vegan and paleo-friendly vegetable cream cheese!
- 1 cup raw (not roasted) cashews, soaked overnight in water
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Optional: 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (will lend a darker color)
- ~ 1/2 large carrot, julienne sliced (i use a julienne peeler)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ~1-2 tbsp red onion, finely diced
- Optional add ins: jalapeño, celery, cucumber
- Rinse and strain the soaked cashews. Add cashews, garlic, oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, and nutritional yeast (optional) to a high speed blender. Blend until completely smooth- this may take a couple minutes and you will have to scrape down the sides occasionally.
- Stir in veggies with a spatula or spoon. You can add any amount and types of veggies that you like! Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.