The best vegan and paleo-friendly vegetable cream cheese!
- 1 cup raw (not roasted) cashews, soaked overnight in water
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Optional: 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (will lend a darker color)
- ~ 1/2 large carrot, julienne sliced (i use a julienne peeler)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ~1-2 tbsp red onion, finely diced
- Optional add ins: jalapeño, celery, cucumber
- Rinse and strain the soaked cashews. Add cashews, garlic, oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, and nutritional yeast (optional) to a high speed blender. Blend until completely smooth- this may take a couple minutes and you will have to scrape down the sides occasionally.
- Stir in veggies with a spatula or spoon. You can add any amount and types of veggies that you like! Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.