One of my favorite things to prep for easy breakfasts- a veggie loaded frittata!
Happy Sunday everyone! And happy December!! Can’t believe it’s already this time of year. I’ve been working on my gift guides to go out in my newsletter later today (scroll to the bottom of this post to subscribe!). We’ve also been doing some wedding things this weekend, because our wedding is almost 1 month out!! I cannot even believe I’m saying that. SO crazy!! Luckily this weekend felt super long with Thanksgiving, so I was able to get a lot done!
I know this week will be crazy busy too, so I’m planning breakfast ahead of time to make the mornings a breeze. This potato loaded frittata is so easy, and so so good! It packs some good veggies- potatoes, spinach, and bell pepper. Plus, it’s a great source of protein in the morning. Top it with some avocado for some healthy fats, and you’ve got a really filling and nutrient-dense meal.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, and nut free. It’s quick and easy, too! Huge bonus for a healthy recipe.
I love my mornings so much! Having a healthy breakfast and a big cup of coffee is such a treat to me in the morning. I love something like this frittata to get my day started. If I need a lighter bite before a morning work out, I usually grab a bliss ball (linked here), then go for the frittata later in the morning.
This frittata makes busy mornings so simple. If you meal prep anything this week, do this!
Easy paleo breakfast frittata!
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a 9 inch pie dish with parchment paper.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add avocado oil, then add potatoes and cook for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add bell peppers and spinach to pan with potatoes, and cook for 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Spread veggies out in the parchment lined pie dish, making as flat as possible.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with all of the seasonings. Pour eggs over veggies and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until eggs are set.