Creamy, easy, and DELICIOUS vegan mint cookie ice cream popsicles! They’re light, refreshing, perfectly sweet, and dairy + gluten free! These mint cookie popsicles are about to be a staple in your freezer all summer long!
I have been wanting to try my hands at a popsicle recipe for some time now- and I can’t believe I’ve waited this long! Not only are these incredibly simple to make, but they’re the best healthy spin on a classic ice cream pop that you can make! Not to mention, they have a veggie snuck in for color (promise you can’t taste it)!
I am SO happy with how these ice cream pops turned out- I couldn’t wait to share the recipe with you all!
One of my all time favorite dessert recipes I’ve ever created for sure! I’m not going to lie- it took quite a few (6 to be exact) batches to perfect this formula. I wanted them to be creamy, sweet enough without being overly sweet for a healthier treat, and super simple to make. I finally nailed all of the criteria, and ended up with a perfect vegan ice cream pop!
Mint Oreo is hands down one of my favorite flavor combos. It just never gets old!! I find that using peppermint extract in desserts also allows you to use less sugar, because it adds such an amazing flavor!
These popsicles are dairy free, gluten free, and soy free. The ice cream base is made quickly in a blender- no heating on the stove or ice cream maker required!
These vegan popsicles are sweetened with maple syrup for an unrefined sweetener, and made creamy using coconut milk and cashews! The result is a super creamy, yet still light and fresh, ice cream pop!
The popsicle mold that I use is linked here, but you can use any popsicle mold that you have! The amount of popsicles this makes will depend on the size and shape of your molds. For me, it made 9 popsicles!
I’ve included some tips in the recipe box to easily remove the popsicles once they’re frozen. There are also some substitute options for the cookies. If a substitute isn’t listed for the ingredients, then I always recommend keeping things as is for the best results!
I am SO excited for you guys to make these Vegan Mint Cookie Popsicles. I can’t wait to hear what you think- be sure to leave a rating and comment below if you give these a try! Also, I love seeing your tags on Instagram when you make any recipes! It makes my day 🙂
Vegan and gluten free mint oreo cookie ice cream popsicles!
- 1 (13.5 oz) can full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2–1 tsp peppermint extract (NOT peppermint essential oil)
- 1 handful baby spinach (optional, for color)
- Pinch of salt
- 4–5 gluten free Oreo-style or chocolate cookies (gluten free if needed)
- First crush your cookies. You can do this in a bag with a rolling pin, or by pulsing the cookies a few times in your blender. Sprinkle a little bit of the cookies into 8-9 popsicle molds*. Set the rest of the cookie pieces aside.
- Add all other ingredients besides the cookies to your blender. Start with 1/2 tsp peppermint extract and a small handful of spinach. Blend everything until super smooth and no spinach pieces remain. Taste and add more peppermint if desired, or add more spinach until you get the color you like.
- Mix the remaining cookie pieces into the ice cream mixture (don’t blend, just mix in with a spoon).
- Pour ice cream mixture into the popsicle molds. Option to sprinkle more cookie crumbs at the base of each popsicle. Add a popsicle stick and freeze for at least 4-6 hours, or until completely frozen. To easily remove the popsicles, let sit on the counter for a couple minutes then carefully slide a knife into all sides to help release the popsicle. Enjoy immediately or store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
*Amount of popsicles made will depend on the size and shape of your molds. Be sure to leave a little bit of space at the top of each mold.