Vegan and gluten free mint oreo cookie ice cream popsicles!
- 1 (13.5 oz) can full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2–1 tsp peppermint extract (NOT peppermint essential oil)
- 1 handful baby spinach (optional, for color)
- Pinch of salt
- 4–5 gluten free Oreo-style or chocolate cookies (gluten free if needed)
- First crush your cookies. You can do this in a bag with a rolling pin, or by pulsing the cookies a few times in your blender. Sprinkle a little bit of the cookies into 8-9 popsicle molds*. Set the rest of the cookie pieces aside.
- Add all other ingredients besides the cookies to your blender. Start with 1/2 tsp peppermint extract and a small handful of spinach. Blend everything until super smooth and no spinach pieces remain. Taste and add more peppermint if desired, or add more spinach until you get the color you like.
- Mix the remaining cookie pieces into the ice cream mixture (don’t blend, just mix in with a spoon).
- Pour ice cream mixture into the popsicle molds. Option to sprinkle more cookie crumbs at the base of each popsicle. Add a popsicle stick and freeze for at least 4-6 hours, or until completely frozen. To easily remove the popsicles, let sit on the counter for a couple minutes then carefully slide a knife into all sides to help release the popsicle. Enjoy immediately or store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
*Amount of popsicles made will depend on the size and shape of your molds. Be sure to leave a little bit of space at the top of each mold.