I absolutely could not wait to share these vegan jalapeño poppers! The perfect appetizer, side dish, or fun snack. You would never know these were dairy free!
I just so happened to make these jalapeño poppers just in time for the first weekend that football is back! The best coincidence if you ask me.
These are the most perfect healthier game day appetizer. One of those bites that no one will be able to keep their hands off of!
The peppers get stuffed with a super simple cream cheese filling that can be made vegan (I kept mine vegan and they were amazing!). No shredded cheese needed, just some cream cheese and seasonings for a deliciouly savory and creamy filling.
The poppers get topped with crushed tortilla chips for a light and flakey crunch. I’m obsessed!
You can eat these on their own, or dip them in ranch or pizza sauce if you’re a dip person! If you don’t have any dips these are truly amazing on their own!
While the slicing and scooping out of the peppers may seem daunting, I timed myself and it only took exactly 15 minutes! They are simple and fool-proof, and the end result is out-of-this-world delicious!
I could eat these every day. They definitely have a kick, without being painfully spicy. The filling is the perfect balance between the crunchy topping and the soft baked peppers.
I will 100% be making these all football season long! And for every family/friend gathering, honestly!
These jalapeño poppers are the best appetizer for any occasion, and I am so excited for you guys to make these!
Tag me on Instagram if you make these bites, and be sure to leave a rating and comment below to let me know what you think! 🙂Print
Gluten free and vegan jalapeño poppers! The perfect appetizer or side dish!
- 12 jalapeños, sliced in half with membranes and seeds removed
- Cooking spray (I use avocado oil spray)
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese (or sub regular cream cheese), softened
- 4 green onions, diced (green part only)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 heaping cup crushed tortilla chip crumbs (measure after crushing; recommend pulsing in a blender)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Pizza sauce (optional)
- Ranch (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking dish with parchment paper.
- Set cream cheese out on counter to soften, then wash and slice your jalapeños. You can remove the stem or leave them, and use a small spoon to scoop out all of the membrane and seeds. Be sure to really clean out the inside of the pepper with the spoon, or they will be super spicy! *Be careful to not touch your eyes or face when handling the jalapeños and wash your hands well after!
- Lay the jalapeños facing down on the parchment paper and lightly spray the backs of each pepper with cooking spray, then flip them back over with hollow side facing up.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese with the green onion, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, and all of the seasonings until well combined.
- Scoop a spoonful of the cream cheese filling into each pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix the tortilla chip crumbs with 1 tsp of olive oil, then sprinkle over the filling of each pepper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until peppers are soft (I baked mine for 30).
- Serve with dips of choice (optional- they are great on their own as well). Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in the oven!