The ultimate bowl of cozy soup! This Tuscan kale and white bean soup is light yet hearty, and packed with veggies. The most perfect recipe for these cold months!
All I can think about this week is some good veggie soup! I’ve been feeling a bit under the weather, not to mention constantly cold here in Chicago, so I needed a recipe just like this! This soup is easy to make, and perfect for meal prep or a quick weeknight dinner.
Few things better than some good old soup in the winter! This one has lots of fiber and vitamins in it to keep you feeling good, and it also gets some plant protein from the white beans. Yes please!
To get a “creamy” sort of texture, I use an immersion blender right in the pot. It’s the best and truly one of my favorite kitchen tools for this exact purpose. The one I have is linked here, but you can also use a blender for this step. I just prefer the immersion blender for ease and convenience!
If you want to add extra veggies, you definitely can! However, you may need to adjust the amounts of liquid and seasonings.
Whether your plant based or not, this hearty soup will hit your cold weather cravings. I promise! It’s definitely a new staple in our winter rotation!
If you make this soup, be sure to share a photo and tag me on Instagram! I love seeing when you guys make my recipes 🙂
Happy almost weekend! Woo!!Print
Vegan Tuscan Kale and White Bean Soup!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1–2 large carrots, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 3 cups diced red skin potatoes (~4 potatoes)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 oz) can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- Heat a large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat and add olive oil. Stir in onion, celery, carrots, and garlic. Allow to cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in water, veggie broth, diced tomatoes, and all of the seasonings and bay leaves. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, stir in the potatoes and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover the pot and simmer for 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Uncover the pot and stir in the beans and the lemon juice. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and remove bay leaves. Use an immersion blender to blend about half of the soup (or transfer half to a blender and return to pot).*
- Turn heat back to low and stir in kale; allow to cook for 5 minutes and serve.
*Note, the blending step is optional but I love the texture it gives the soup!