The most perfect fall treat– fluffy and flavorful paleo pumpkin bread with a whipped cashew cream cheese frosting. This recipe is the ultimate healthy spin on a classic fall treat.
You would honestly never know this pumpkin bread is gluten free or refined sugar free! It’s that delish. The perfect little morning bite with your coffee, afternoon snack, or a quick pre-workout bite when you need it.
Plus, is there anything better than the smells in your house when you’re making pumpkin flavored treats?! The best!
I also can’t get over the frosting on this- it’s light, fluffy, and the perfect touch to the bread. I would put it on just about any treat! Bonus: you’ll have a little left over after frosting the bread, so you CAN put it on everything the rest of the week ;).
This pumpkin bread will be your new go-to fall snack. It’s easy to make, and once you have all the ingredients on hand you’ll just want to keep baking it!
I can’t wait for you guys to get your hands on this one. Enjoy!!Print
Fluffy, delicious paleo pumpkin bread. Plus a light and addicting cashew cream cheese frosting!
- 1 + 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour (or sub oat flour)
- 1/3 cup tapioca or arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the cashew cream cheese frosting:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 8 hours
- 2–3 tbsp cream cheese (regular or vegan)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrups
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a loaf tin.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, buckwheat flour, tapioca (or arrowroot) flour, seasonings, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk all remaining wet ingredients together until smooth and well combined. Mix with dry ingredients until a smooth batter is formed.
- Spread batter out with a spatula evenly in a loaf tin. Bake for 50 minutes, then allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- While cooling (or the next day), make the whipped cashew cream cheese frosting by blending all ingredients until very smooth. Top the loaf with the frosting (you may have some extra- set aside in the fridge for later!), and sprinkle with cinnamon.
I do not recommend any flour substitutions, as I have only tested the recipe as written!