One of those easy, throw together dinners using what I had on hand that ended up so delicious, I had to share! These paleo-friendly chicken and cauliflower rice enchiladas or so tasty, and couldn’t be more simple to make!
This is definitely a new favorite dinner! These enchiladas are gluten free, can be kept dairy free, and are filling and nourishing at the same time. I could even see myself doubling this recipe to feed friends (if corona virus every goes away and we can have friends over again..)
These enchiladas are not a classic, authentic enchilada, I will admit! I used a jar of enchilada sauce that I had, because I was feeling lazy! I love this brand for enchilada sauce with healthy, simple ingredients. You could use green or red enchilada sauce or this recipe; whatever you have and love will work!
You can leave these without the toppings, but these were so delicious with some avocado chunks, shredded lettuce, and finely diced shallot on top. They would have been great with some fresh cilantro too, if you have some on hand!
I truly threw these together for the sake of using leftovers in my fridge. I had some shredded rotisserie chicken, a little baby spinach, and a bag of a cauliflower rice and bell pepper mixture on hand, so I just sautéed the veggies and tossed them with the chicken for a yummy filling!
If you have some other extra veggies on hand, you can definitely toss those in as well! You could also toss in some beans, or sub tofu for the chicken if you want these to be meat free!
Enchiladas are pretty easy to play around with and use what you have at home. I love that about them! A good way to use up scraps to avoid any food waste, too 🙂
SO excited to share this easy, delish, and nourishing meal. These enchiladas are simple to make with a lot of reward. I know you guys will love them!
Let me know what you think in the comments below, and be sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see what you’re cooking up! I love hearing from you all 🙂 Enjoy! xoPrint
Easy paleo-friendly chicken and cauliflower rice enchiladas!
- 1 + 1/2 cups pre-cooked chicken, shredded (more or less, doesn’t need to be exact. I like to use rotisserie chicken)
- Oil for the pan
- 1 (12 oz) bag frozen cauliflower rice (I like to use this blend with peppers and onion)
- 1–2 cups baby spinach, fresh or frozen
- 1 (15 oz) jar enchilada sauce, red or green (I like this one)
- 6–7 tortillas, paleo or gluten free if needed
- Optional: 1/3 cup shredded cheese, dairy free or regular
- Shredded lettuce
- Fresh cilantro
- Finely diced shallot
- Sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- Shred your chicken and set aside in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and lightly grease a 9×13″ baking dish.
- In a pan over medium heat with a little bit of oil, sauté the cauliflower rice and spinach until heated threw and most liquid evaporates.
- Add the veggies to the bowl with the chicken and stir together with 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce.
- Spread a little of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of the baking dish, then assemble the enchiladas.
- Microwave the tortillas for 15 seconds to help prevent breaking.
- Fill each tortilla with some of the chicken and veggie mixture, then tightly roll them and place them in the baking dish closely together, seam side down to keep them closed.
- Pour over most of the remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas (reserve a little for after baking). Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top if using.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until bubbly and cheese is melty. Pour remaining little bit of enchilada sauce over the top to keep them saucy, then serve with desired toppings.