Never enough pasta recipes on the blog if you ask me! This new lightened up version of the classic Alfredo pasta is creamy, flavorful, and SO easy!
I made this sauce in partnership with siggi’s dairy. Their plain yogurt is one of my favorite ingredients to add to a pasta sauce like this one. Adding siggi’s increases the protein of the sauce, and it adds a light yet creamy texture. Plus, there is no added sugar so it’s the perfect addition for a savory sauce!
All of siggi’s products are made with super simple ingredients, and they’re always higher in protein and lower in sugar. I am all about that! I love finding different ways to use their yogurts in recipes!
This Alfredo sauce is such a winner. For one, it’s easy to whip up after a busy day! It’s also picky eater friendly; it’s so delicious the whole family will love it! And with a sauce this good, it’s east to sneak in some veggies to the pasta for a nutrient boost!
This Alfredo pasta can be kept vegetarian (we served ours here with some broccoli), or you can add in some chicken or shrimp for some extra protein! It is so delicious either way. I cannot get enough!
The sauce is a simple blend of siggi’s yogurt, dairy free milk, parmesan, butter, and garlic. It’s so creamy, and could not be easier to make. You essential just blend it all up in a blender after a quick sauté of the garlic and you’re set! Just toss it with your pasta of choice, and serve with any veggies or protein if you prefer for a comforting, nourishing, and delicious dinner.
I am so excited for you guys to try this Alfredo pasta! Be sure to tag me on Instagram if you make it, and leave me a note below so I can hear what you think! Enjoy! xoPrint
Lightened up simple Alfredo pasta made with yogurt!
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¾ cup siggi’s plain 0% yogurt
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup reserved pasta water, as needed
- ¼ cup unsweetened oat or almond milk
- ¼ tsp sea salt, more to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, more to taste
For the pasta:
- 12 oz pasta of choice
- Shredded parmesan for topping
- 1–2 cups steamed broccoli (optional)
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the butter then slightly reduce heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant, 30-60 seconds. Remove from heat and sed aside.
- Cook pasta according to directions on box. Reserve ¼ cup of pasta water just before straining.
- In a blender, add the butter and garlic, yogurt, oat or almond milk, parmesan, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth, adding the pasta water as needed to thin.
- In the skillet where you cooked the garlic, stir together the pasta and the sauce. If needed, turn on low heat to gently heat the sauce for 1-2 minutes. Careful not to overheat, as this will cause separation in the yogurt.
- Sprinkle with shredded parmesan and serve!