Easy paleo-friendly chicken and cauliflower rice enchiladas!
- 1 + 1/2 cups pre-cooked chicken, shredded (more or less, doesn’t need to be exact. I like to use rotisserie chicken)
- Oil for the pan
- 1 (12 oz) bag frozen cauliflower rice (I like to use this blend with peppers and onion)
- 1–2 cups baby spinach, fresh or frozen
- 1 (15 oz) jar enchilada sauce, red or green (I like this one)
- 6–7 tortillas, paleo or gluten free if needed
- Optional: 1/3 cup shredded cheese, dairy free or regular
- Shredded lettuce
- Fresh cilantro
- Finely diced shallot
- Sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- Shred your chicken and set aside in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and lightly grease a 9×13″ baking dish.
- In a pan over medium heat with a little bit of oil, sauté the cauliflower rice and spinach until heated threw and most liquid evaporates.
- Add the veggies to the bowl with the chicken and stir together with 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce.
- Spread a little of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of the baking dish, then assemble the enchiladas.
- Microwave the tortillas for 15 seconds to help prevent breaking.
- Fill each tortilla with some of the chicken and veggie mixture, then tightly roll them and place them in the baking dish closely together, seam side down to keep them closed.
- Pour over most of the remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas (reserve a little for after baking). Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top if using.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until bubbly and cheese is melty. Pour remaining little bit of enchilada sauce over the top to keep them saucy, then serve with desired toppings.