Single serve blueberry cinnamon roll in a mug! Gluten free, paleo friendly, and vegan! This is truly one of the most delicious little treats you could make yourself 🙂
Made with a base of your favorite pancake mix (I’ve tried this with a couple different paleo mixes and it’s magic every time!), and a super simple cream cheese frosting. I used a vegan cream cheese, but you can definitely use regular if that what you’ve got!
The jammy blueberries with the soft and gooey cinnamon swirl center tastes like straight. up. heaven! I could truly eat this every day! I am honestly too lazy to make an actual batch of cinnamon rolls, but this recipe is quick, easy, and I basically have it memorized from the original single serve cinnamon roll.
Please note: I have only made the recipe as written, so I cannot guarantee results if any substitutions are made!
It’s a fun weekend breakfast (I love it with a side of chicken sausage or eggs for some protein), or even a quick dessert! It’s so delicious, and I can’t wait for you guys to try it!
I know you’re going to love this one as much as I do! Be sure to leave a rating and comment below if you try it- it’s SO helpful to both me and other readers! Thank you so much! xoPrint
Single serve gluten free and vegan cinnamon roll in a mug! Made with your favorite pancake mix and a few other simple ingredients!
For the batter
- 1/4 cup of gluten free pancake mix (I used this one)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder (baking soda will NOT work!)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp avocado oil (can sub melted ghee or butter)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp fresh or frozen blueberries
FOR THE CINNAMON SUGAR SWIRL:
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 1/2 tbsp vegan or regular cream cheese, softened
- Almond milk, to thin
- Small splash of maple syrup
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Lightly grease a mug. Mix the pancake mix, baking powder, and sea salt together in the mug. Stir in the almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla until a smooth batter forms. Stir in the blueberries.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut sugar and cinnamon for the cinnamon swirl. Pour it in the center of the batter and use the tip of a knife to swirl it around.
- Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Mix together the frosting ingredients until smooth. Add almond milk as needed to thin, or more cream cheese if it gets too thin.
- Carefully remove the cinnamon roll with spoon onto a plate, then spread the frosting over the top and enjoy!