Gluten free, vegan, and paleo friendly cinnamon roll in a mug with a dairy free cream cheese frosting!
- 1/4 cup your favorite pancake mix (I used a paleo mix)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp butter (or ghee or vegan butter) melted
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
For the cinnamon sugar swirl:
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
For the frosting:
- 1/2 tbsp vegan or regular cream cheese, softened
- Almond milk, to thin
- Small splash of maple syrup
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Grease a mug, then add pancake mix, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together with a fork.
- Whisk in almond milk, maple syrup, melted butter, and vanilla until batter is smooth. Depending on the pancake batter you use, you may need an extra splash of almond milk if it seems dry, but 2 tbsp was perfect for mine!
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut sugar and cinnamon. Pour the mixture into the batter, then use the tip of a knife to swirl it around.
- Microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds. If your microwave tends to overcook things, cook for a little less time!
- To make the frosting, whisk all ingredients until smooth. Transfer cinnamon roll from mug to a plate by gentle scooping it out with a spoon. Spread frosting on and enjoy!
Woah. SO good. Was literally looking for a cleaner cinnamon roll alternative last night that didn’t take FOREVER and this was the perfect solution! After I made my own, my husband and sister asked me to make them one and they LOVED it. Might even try with the maple cream frosting from the baked maple apple cinnamon oatmeal…
I’m always craving cinnamon rolls but never want to go through the trouble of making them, so this was everything I wanted in a recipe! It was so easy and the ingredients are staples that I already had in my kitchen. Such a yummy, easy recipe!
Could I use flour instead of pancake mix?
I haven’t tried it so it’s hard for me to say the results you’ll get, but it could work! Let me know if you do!
This is amazing!!! Better than every gluten free cinnamon roll I have tried to make!!
You’ve done it again Mia!! This is a great way to hit my craving. It is of course, not the same as a cinnamon bun, but when I just want that fluffy cinnamon taste quickly on the weekend, this will definitely be my go to! Thanks!!
If you want a quick and delicious dessert — you need to make this! It is SO good!
So good! Cant believe this is gluten free!!
I also didn’t have the cinnamon swirl thing right. I just mixed cinnamon sugar and some water cuz I didn’t have the coconut thing.