The original recipe that really launched my blog! This super easy, nut free, ultra creamy vegan mac and cheese sauce is still the most made recipe on the blog- a close tie with the olive oil chocolate chip cookies.
Creamy, addicting, and simple vegan Mac and cheese sauce made from one of my favorite ingredients- tahini!
I love that you don’t have to use nuts for this one– no soaking required and a way cheaper recipe! You only need 5 ingredients for this one, and they are all staple ingredients I always have on hand!
Tahini is a paste made from sesame seeds, with a texture similar to a runny nut butter. It makes such a surprisingly delicious ingredient for savory sauces or dressings, but also works so well in baked goods! Love a good versatile healthy fat.
I could eat this multiple times a week, every week. It never gets old!
I typically pair mine with brown rice pasta or chickpea pasta, but it’s also delicious over rice or chicken. I then add in some green peas and spinach or broccoli (or any veggies on hand)!
Once you try this recipe, you’ll be totally hooked. Can’t wait for you to try!!Print
Easy, creamy and rich vegan tahini mac and cheese. The best vegan substitute to classic mac and cheese!
To make enough for for 1 (12 oz) box of pasta:
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup plain, unsweetened dairy free milk, more to thin as needed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1–2 lemons (start with 1, add more to taste)
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt + pepper to taste
- If you are serving with pasta, cook the pasta according the the box.
- Blend all ingredients until well combined. If sauce is thicker than desired, slowly add in more milk of choice to thin.
- Adjust seasonings and serve with desired veggies and/or protein. Store leftovers in the refrigerator in and airtight container. Reheat leftovers gently on the stove with a splash of vegetable broth!
This recipe makes enough sauce for 1 box of pasta, but the recipe can easily be cut in half!