Easy, creamy and rich vegan tahini mac and cheese. The best vegan substitute to classic mac and cheese!
To make enough for for 1 (12 oz) box of pasta:
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup plain, unsweetened dairy free milk, more to thin as needed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1–2 lemons (start with 1, add more to taste)
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt + pepper to taste
- If you are serving with pasta, cook the pasta according the the box.
- Blend all ingredients until well combined. If sauce is thicker than desired, slowly add in more milk of choice to thin.
- Adjust seasonings and serve with desired veggies and/or protein. Store leftovers in the refrigerator in and airtight container. Reheat leftovers gently on the stove with a splash of vegetable broth!
This recipe makes enough sauce for 1 box of pasta, but the recipe can easily be cut in half!