Delicious gluten free apple cinnamon muffins made with oat flour, hearty bites of apple, and zero refined sugar! The perfect snack or on-the-go breakfast.
For the muffins:
- 1 cup milk of choice
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 (4.4 oz) container siggi’s 4% vanilla (about ½ cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 + ¾ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 large apple, peeled and diced into bite size pieced
For the cinnamon maple crumble topping:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin (you can bake this in separate batches if your muffin tin does not hold 15).
- Whisk milk, apple cider vinegar, coconut sugar, egg, yogurt, and vanilla in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, stir together the oat flour, flax seed, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt until everything is well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir again until combined. Fold in apple pieces.
- Next, make the cinnamon crumble topping by combining almond flour, maple, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and sea salt until crumbly.
- Scoop batter evenly among 15 cupcake liners (I like to use a cookie scoop here). Sprinkle cinnamon crumble over the top and bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool on a cooling rack before enjoying.