The best fluffy, yet hearty, fiber-filled gluten free apple muffins with a beyond delicious almond cinnamon sugar crumble. You guys know I am a huge fan of using siggi’s yogurt in my savory recipes (like this taco pasta, linked here), but I also love to bake with siggi’s! It adds a great protein boost, and it always ups the flavor and texture of my baked goods.
I used the siggi’s 4% vanilla skyr in the recipe- it’s thick, creamy, and the perfect vanilla flavor while still being made with the simplest ingredients (you could also use the banana & cinnamon or vanilla & cinnamon flavor siggi’s in this recipe- so good!).
The ingredients in these muffins are simple, and make for the perfect healthy spin on a classic muffin. I love these in the morning with extra siggi’s on the side and my morning coffee. It makes for a fiber-rich, protein-packed breakfast. Since the muffins are sweetened themselves, I stick with one of the no sugar added siggi’s to have on the side (look for the containers with the blue lid- these are a game changer in the flavored yogurt department!)
I love that this recipe makes a big batch- 15 muffins total- so that you can have a lot on hand for meal prepped quick + easy breakfasts or snacks. I love a recipe like that!
I really can’t wait for all of you bakers to try these out! I know you’re going to love them. I can’t get enough!
Delicious gluten free apple cinnamon muffins made with oat flour, hearty bites of apple, and zero refined sugar! The perfect snack or on-the-go breakfast.
For the muffins:
- 1 cup milk of choice
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 (4.4 oz) container siggi’s 4% vanilla (about ½ cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 + ¾ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 large apple, peeled and diced into bite size pieced
For the cinnamon maple crumble topping:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin (you can bake this in separate batches if your muffin tin does not hold 15).
- Whisk milk, apple cider vinegar, coconut sugar, egg, yogurt, and vanilla in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, stir together the oat flour, flax seed, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt until everything is well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir again until combined. Fold in apple pieces.
- Next, make the cinnamon crumble topping by combining almond flour, maple, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and sea salt until crumbly.
- Scoop batter evenly among 15 cupcake liners (I like to use a cookie scoop here). Sprinkle cinnamon crumble over the top and bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool on a cooling rack before enjoying.