One of my favorite Girl Scout cookies, made healthier! This paleo Samoas are a gluten and grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free spin on the classic (super addicting) chocolate coconut Samoas.
This version is honestly just as addicting, so huge bonus they’re made with simple and healthy ingredients 🙂
All you’ll need:
- very finely shredded coconut
- coconut sugar
- maple syrup
- coconut oil (or butter)
- dairy free chocolate chips
You really want to make sure you use very finely shredded unsweetened coconut for this. I have had some people try these with the bigger coconut flakes without success. The one I use is linked here.
These cookies could not be easier to make, and you will not be able to believe how much they taste like the real deal!
The toasty, caramelized coconut with the chocolate is the most perfect flavor combination. Even Blake who claims to not like coconut LOVES these cookies! 😉
I can’t wait to hear what you guys think! If you make these paleo Samoas, be sure to leave a rating and comment below. It helps me and other readers 🙂
A paleo spin on the classic Girl Scout Samoas! A perfectly chewy yet fluffy coconut and chocolate cookie.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled (sub butter or ghee)
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (only the finely shredded coconut will work!)
For the chocolate coating:
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg, then whisk in coconut sugar, melted coconut oil (or butter), maple syrup, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in shredded coconut until well combined.
- Scoop out about 12 cookies, molding them into circles with you hands, then gently flatten them. The dough may be slightly wet, but don’t worry!
- Bake for 14-15 minutes, until golden brown but not burnt.
- When cookies are out of the oven, melt chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave or on the stove until smooth. Dip one side of each cookie in chocolate, placing cookies back onto the parchment paper chocolate side down. Use the remaining chocolate to drizzle the top of each cookie.
- Place in refrigerator until chocolate hardens. Store cookies on the counter in an airtight container.