My new favorite tray bake! Made with sweet potatoes, chickpeas, and tons of cauliflower for a meal prep staple.
Happy Sunday! I wanted to get this recipe up for you guys today so you could add it into your meal rotation this week! It’s soo easy to make, and full of nutrients.
This is an amazing high fiber, nutrient-dense veggie dish to make to add to your meals. Some easy things to add to this make it a more filling meal:
- Avocado and seeds for a vegan meal
- Add an egg or 2 for breakfast (or any time!)
- Roasted chicken
- Salmon for omega-3’s
But really, you can do whatever you like because this dish goes with just about anything!
The photo above is pre-bake. Once you get the veggies prepped, you just have to toss them in some olive or avocado oil and seasonings, spread them out on the tray, and bake! Super simple.
I like to give the veggies one last sprinkle of all of the seasonings before putting the tray in the oven. I do this because some of the spices will inevitably get left behind in the mixing bowl, but I don’t want to lose any of that flavor!
Another key is to make sure you’re using smoked paprika, not regular paprika. It’s a game changer for flavor!
The veggies come out perfectly tender, and the chickpeas have a slight crunch to them. The flavor from all of the seasonings is so perfect, too.
This is a simple, versatile, and affordable meal to have in your back pocket. I know I’m going to have this on heavy rotation! It’s my ideal meal prep situation- something I won’t get sick of, and will also provide me with tons of nutrition.
I’m excited for you guys to try this one out! Be sure to leave a rating and comment below, as well as tag me on Instagram so I can see what you’re cooking 🙂
An easy veggie tray bake perfect with any protein or as a meal itself!
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3/4 tsp of the following: smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and sea salt (divided)
- Black pepper, to taste
- Cayenne, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and prepare the sweet potatoes and cauliflower. While preparing them, allow the chickpeas to drain.
- In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower florets with 1 + 1/2 tbsp olive oil, then stir in 1/4 tsp of the following: smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and sea salt, plus a few cracks of black pepper and a dash of cayenne. Stir until well-combined, then transfer to the bottom half of the baking sheet.
- Now add the the sweet potato pieces to the bowl, and toss with 1 tbsp olive and 1/4 tsp of the following: smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and sea salt, plus a few cracks of black pepper and a dash of cayenne. Stir until well-combined, then transfer to half of the top of the baking sheet (see photo).
- Pat the chickpeas dry with a clean dish towel or a paper towel. Add the chickpeas to the bowl and toss with 1/2 tbsp olive and 1/4 tsp of the following: smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and sea salt, plus a few cracks of black pepper and a dash of cayenne. Stir until well-combined, then transfer to the remaining section of the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, tossing once and rotating the pan halfway through.
*Note, since some of the seasonings get left behind in the bowl, I like to sprinkle each of the seasoning over the top of all of the veggies before putting in the oven.