A new favorite vegan treat! The best mini turtle truffles made with easy date caramel, crunchy pecans, and a sea salt chocolate coating. Yum!!
I hope everyone had the best holidays!! I had the best time relaxing at my parent’s house, soaking up all the family time and delicious food. And lots of couch time- the best!
Lately I’ve had a huge craving for for the classic chocolate turtles, so I wanted to make a healthier/vegan version. And trust me, these ones are easily just as delicious. You would never even believe how simple/healthy the ingredients are!
All you need:
- Almond Butter
- Maple Syrup
- Sea Salt
I’m a huge fan of having a homemade healthier treat in the freezer to satisfy those sweet cravings. I’m so happy we have a batch of these ready to grab! I also always have some of my peppermint mocha balls in the freezer!
These are the perfect combo of sweet and salty. Little bites of heaven!
You could easily double or triple these to have more on hand, or if you’re making these for a crowd! These would be perfect for a sweet bite for a New Years Eve party! We’re keeping it super low key for New Years this year because of the wedding, but I am definitely making some of these for us to enjoy 🙂
You guys are going to love these! Enjoy! xxPrint
Easy mini vegan chocolate turtles!
- 1 cup of dates, soaked in hot water for 5 minutes
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans (more if needed)
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips (or any dark chocolate)
- Sea salt
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- After soaking the dates, drain and remove pits and add to a food processor with almond butter, maple syrup, and a pinch of sea salt. Process until smooth and well combined.
- Form the caramel into mini patties, about 1 tsp in size. It helps to wet your hands so the caramel doesn’t stick to you.
- Dip one side of the caramel patties into the chopped pecans, then place on the lightly greased baking dish. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Line another small baking sheet with parchment paper. On the stovetop on low heat, melt the chocolate until very smooth. Dip each side of the turtles in the chocolate and sprinkle with sea salt and set on the parchment paper. Allow chocolate to harden and store in the freezer.