Mini gluten free cheeseburger skewers! The perfect party finger food! A simple, healthier appetizer to bring to any holiday or gathering.
Whether it’s a Summer BBQ, Fourth of July Party, football Sunday, game night with friends, or a family party- these mini cheeseburger skewers will be everyone’s favorite dish! They’re so cute, fun to eat, and taste AMAZING. Warning: they will be devoured in minutes 😉
These are the perfect little appetizer/snack to bring to your next party. Who doesn’t love a cheeseburger? Plus, they are a lighter option since they are made without a bun, so you can still save room for the main course! They’re so fun to make, and even more fun to eat. Such a crowd pleaser recipe!
The base of the burgers are super simple. I made mine using grass fed ground beed.
Can I use something other than beef?
If you want to replace the beef with ground chicken or turkey, you definitely can! However, I would add some olive or avocado oil to the mix to replace some of the fat. Nobody likes a dry burger!
I also kept the seasoning super simple, but feel free to jazz it up if you want! Sometimes I like to add a little BBQ seasoning mix or some red pepper flakes to my burger mix. However, they are still amazing with the simple blend as is 🙂
You’ll need some cheese slices to cut into squares- I like keeping these classic with some organic American cheese slices. The you just need some pickle chips, fresh lettuce, and a burger sauce. I linked my favorite sauce options for these in the ingredient list!
I’m sorry but I just can’t get over how cute these little burger bites are!! They give me mini Krabby Patty vibes, am I right?! These cute little burger skewers are gluten free, paleo-friendly, a low carb option, and grain free. Best of all, they are so simple and SO delicious.
Can I prep these ahead of time?
You can prep and make the burgers ahead of time. Just stick them in the refrigerator once they have cooled. I recommend cooking them the minimal amount, so that you don’t overcook them in the reheating process. When ready to serve, reheat in the oven for about 5 minutes or until heated through and add your toppings!
I am so excited to see you guys recreate these burger skewers! They are the best thing to bring to your next party or get together. Be sure to leave a rating and comment below if you make these, and take a picture so I can see them on Instagram!! Enjoy! xoPrint
Mini cheeseburger skewers! Gluten free, grain free, and super simple to make.
- 2 lbs of ground beef (preferably grass fed)*
- 1/4 cup very finely diced onion
- 1 + 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
For the toppings
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion, and all of the seasonings until well mixed.
- Form the mixture into 24 burger patties, rolling each patty into a smooth ball and then flatten each one out into a patty. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, prep your toppings. Add a small square of cheese to each burger as soon as they are out of the oven to allow the cheese to melt.
- Just before serving, add your pickle, lettuce, and sauce, then stick a skewer through the center. Serve and enjoy!
*If you sub with ground chicken or turkey, your mixture will need some oil to replace the fat to avoid dry burgers.