The ultimate Summer salad! Arugula, fresh peaches, creamy burrata, crispy chickpeas, and balsamic glaze. The best combination of flavors and textures, for a fresh and healthy Summer salad!
The salad has everything I love, and then some. The flavor of everything together is honestly out of this world good! It’s so easy to throw together for a simple weekday lunch or dinner, and such a crowd pleaser for feeding a group, too!
It’s packed with protein from the burrata and the chickpeas. You can also toss in some crunchy walnuts or almonds for some extra healthy fats and protein if you want, or you can even toss in some grilled chicken or sautéed tofu! You can see in the photos I added some chopped walnuts for a little extra nutrient boost!
It’s so good, and I could not wait to get this one on the blog for you all! If I’m going to eat a salad, you better believe it’s not going to be boring! I need lots of flavor, crunch, different textures, and that satisfaction factor I crave in a meal! This Summer salad covers all the bases- I am in love with this combo!
I am so excited for you guys to make this delicious and easy salad. I think you’re going to really love this one 🙂
This salad is not only super simple, but it’s gluten free, vegetarian, and nut free!
Plus, who doesn’t love any salad with creamy burrata?! It’s obviously the best part, but the crunchy chickpeas come in a close second!
Be sure to let me know if you give this Summer salad a try! Leaving a rating and comment below is so helpful for me, but also other readers 🙂 You guys are truly the best!!
Simple Summer salad with peaches, burrata, and crispy chickpeas!
- Crispy chickpeas (see instructions below)
- Olive oil
- Salt + pepper
- 2 cups of baby arugula
- 1–2 peaches, sliced
- 3–4 oz of burrata cheese
- Balsamic glaze*
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Optional: roughly chopped walnuts or almonds
- To make the crispy chickpeas, preheat oven to 400°F. Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then use a clean dish towel to thoroughly dry them and remove any loose skins. On a large baking pan, toss the chickpeas in some olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for 20-30 minutes, until crispy. Set aside to cool.
- Assemble the salad: lay out your arugula, then scatter the peach slices, dollops of burrata, then sprinkle with crispy chickpeas (you will have some left over). Feel free to add some roughly chopped walnuts or almonds, and/or a protein of choice.
- Drizzle everything with olive oil, balsamic glaze, and a little honey. Squeeze a little fresh lemon juice, to taste. Season with sea salt. Serve and enjoy!
*If you can’t find balsamic glaze, a splash of regular balsamic will work!