Lightened up simple Alfredo pasta made with yogurt!
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¾ cup siggi’s plain 0% yogurt
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup reserved pasta water, as needed
- ¼ cup unsweetened oat or almond milk
- ¼ tsp sea salt, more to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, more to taste
For the pasta:
- 12 oz pasta of choice
- Shredded parmesan for topping
- 1–2 cups steamed broccoli (optional)
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the butter then slightly reduce heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant, 30-60 seconds. Remove from heat and sed aside.
- Cook pasta according to directions on box. Reserve ¼ cup of pasta water just before straining.
- In a blender, add the butter and garlic, yogurt, oat or almond milk, parmesan, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth, adding the pasta water as needed to thin.
- In the skillet where you cooked the garlic, stir together the pasta and the sauce. If needed, turn on low heat to gently heat the sauce for 1-2 minutes. Careful not to overheat, as this will cause separation in the yogurt.
- Sprinkle with shredded parmesan and serve!