The absolute best holiday (or anytime) treat! Grain free peanut butter truffles with a chocolate sea salt coating.
Happy Monday! This weekend felt extra long and I am so grateful. I’ve had to work a bit every weekend lately to catch up on some work, but it was so nice to have some time to chill and couch it! We got our Christmas tree, decorated a little, and binged on some movies (shoutout to the new Disney+). I hope you all had a super relaxing and recharging weekend :)!
Anyways, I am so excited to get this simple, crowd-pleasing, delicious treat on the blog! I made these peanut butter truffles for Thanksgiving as a last minute addition to our dessert table last week, and they were gone so fast! I knew there would be lots of pies, so I opted to make something a little different. These truffles are always such a hit. Plus, they are super easy to make!
Made with simple things, like peanut butter, honey and coconut flour. Also, the flaky sea salt on top is the best part, so don’t skip it!! I love this brand for that salty flaky factor.
All you need:
- Peanut butter
- Vanilla extract
- Sea salt
- Coconut flour
- Dark chocolate
Doesn’t get easier than that! The soft peanut butter center dipped in the chocolate sea salt coating is truly a combination straight from heaven. These will never get old!
You’ll want to make sure your peanut butter is made with only simple things: peanuts and sea salt. That’s it! Nut butters can be a huge culprit for sneaking unwanted additives in, such as processed oils or refined sugars. Let’s keep it simple!
Add these to your next holiday gathering! I promise everyone will be thanking you 😉 Enjoy! xxPrint
Perfectly sweet + salty peanut butter truffles with a chocolate sea salt shell!
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/3–1/2 cup coconut flour
For the chocolate coating:
- 1/2 cup or 4 oz dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Flakey sea salt
- Line a baking sheet or large plate with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, honey, vanilla, and sea salt until smooth.
- Pour in coconut flour, starting with 1/3 cup. Stir, and check to see if you can roll into balls. If the dough is too soft to do, slowly add in more coconut flour 1 tbsp at a time, up to 1/2 cup.
- Roll into balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet or large plate. Set in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave or on the stove until smooth. Dip each ball in the chocolate and sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Don’t skip the sea salt!
- Set in refrigerator until chocolate hardens. Enjoy!