Life-changing homemade chocolate peanut butter! Refined sugar free, vegan, addicting, and EASY!
This recipe takes about 15 minutes in total to make, and leaves you with a jar of the most amazing creamy chocolate peanut butter. I am completely obsessed!
There is just something so nice about making things at home that we tend to buy at the store, like nut butters or granola. I love having more control over what exactly goes in it and how sweet I want it. It makes me so happy to make these kinds of things at home!
We have been having this on pancakes, toast, fruit, rice cakes, or by the spoon. I don’t think I can ever be without this in my kitchen ever again! It’s so so good.
You’ll need a food processor to get the super smooth and creamy texture. I use my Vitamix food processor attachment. However, there are plenty of more affordable food processors out there that work great! I use mine all the time- it’s definitely a kitchen staple for me.
I can’t wait to hear how you guys are enjoying this chocolate peanut butter. I know you will love it as much as I do! Enjoy xoPrint
Healthier chocolate peanut butter. Dairy free and refined sugar free!
- 2 cups dry roasted and unsalted peanuts*
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spread the peanuts out on a baking sheet.
- Roast peanuts for 3 minutes, give them a good stir, and roast for another 3 minutes. Remove from oven to cool for a few minutes.
- Add roasted peanuts to your food processor. Blend for a few minutes, until smooth and shiny. You may need to scrape down the sides of the food processor once or twice.
- Once peanuts are smooth and shiny, add the remaining ingredients and blend for another minute. Taste and add more coconut sugar if you like it sweeter (I prefer it just as the recipe is written). Store leftovers in an airtight container. You can store it on the counter for a couple days, but after that store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
*Even though the peanuts are already roasted, we are roasting them a again for a bit to really bring out the flavor!