Healthier chocolate peanut butter. Dairy free and refined sugar free!
- 2 cups dry roasted and unsalted peanuts*
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spread the peanuts out on a baking sheet.
- Roast peanuts for 3 minutes, give them a good stir, and roast for another 3 minutes. Remove from oven to cool for a few minutes.
- Add roasted peanuts to your food processor. Blend for a few minutes, until smooth and shiny. You may need to scrape down the sides of the food processor once or twice.
- Once peanuts are smooth and shiny, add the remaining ingredients and blend for another minute. Taste and add more coconut sugar if you like it sweeter (I prefer it just as the recipe is written). Store leftovers in an airtight container. You can store it on the counter for a couple days, but after that store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
*Even though the peanuts are already roasted, we are roasting them a again for a bit to really bring out the flavor!