Olive oil adds a rich, smooth flavor to baked goods. It might sound strange to some, but olive oil + chocolate are really delicious together. Plus, it’s a healthy fat packed with omega-3’s.
High quality, healthy fats are so important in a healthy diet. I pay close attention to the fats I consume- even in baked goods/desserts! Olive oil is a long standing favorite of mine (yes i am very Italian and olive oil basically runs through my veins- but it’s also loaded with health benefits :).
I can’t believe the way these cookies turned out- the texture and taste is out of this world good. They taste like a thick and chewy bakery style cookie- but made with real and wholesome ingredients. free of grains, refined sugars, and made with healthy fats. Homemade is always best!
P.S. I recently made these into “monster cookies” using chocolate gems and they were DELICIOUS! So you can really use any type of baking chocolate you have on hand 🙂
I can’t wait for you guys to try these! Be sure to keep the recipe as is for the best results! Enjoy xxPrint
The best thick, gooey, dense chocolate chip cookies made without any grains or refined sugars. They are gluten free, paleo friendly, and insanely delicious!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 + 3/4 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Whisk olive oil, egg, coconut sugar, and vanilla together until smooth.
3. Stir in the dry ingredients until everything is well combined, then fold in chocolate chips.
4. Scoop dough out into about 1.5 tbsp sized balls- roll with your hands to make them smooth. leave room between each cookie for them to spread while baking.
5. Bake for 11-12 minutes. allow to cool before serving or cookies will be fragile.
-I have not tested these cookies with any other flour substitutions. For best results, I recommend keeping the recipe as is!