Thick and chewy gluten free oatmeal cookies topped with a creamy layer of dairy free pumpkin “cream cheese” and finished with melty chocolate.
for the pumpkin cream cheese:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- good pinch of sea salt
for the oatmeal cookies:
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup old fashioned oats (gluten free if needed)
- ¼ cup oat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 tbsp almond or peanut butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
for the chocolate topping:
- 1/2 cup mini dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Start by making the cookie dough. In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients besides coconut sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg with the coconut sugar, avocado oil, nut butter, and vanilla. Combine with dry ingredients, then set in refrigerator to chill for 20 minutes.
- While the cookie dough is chilling, make the pumpkin cream cheese by blending all cream cheese ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender. set aside in a small bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove dough from refrigerator, and scoop out about 1.5 tbsp sized cookies onto the parchment paper. Use your hands to smooth out the dough and flatten the cookies to about 1/4-1/2” thick.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cookies to completely cool, then spread pumpkin cream cheese on top of each cookie.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave or on the stovetop, stirring occasionally until a smooth chocolate sauce forms.
- Spoon some chocolate on each cookie, gently spreading it over the cream cheese. Sprinkle with sea salt and allow chocolate to set (optional: chill in refrigerator if you want the chocolate to harden).