The most fluffy gingerbread cake you will ever make! I can’t get over the texture on this grain free holiday-inspired cake!
HOW is it already almost Christmas you guys?! A year has never flown by so quickly for me I swear. I’m really trying to slow things down this week and soak in all the family time. And make all the holiday things 😉
I based this one off my favorite lemon yogurt breakfast cake. It’s an almond flour cake, and the super fluffy and moist texture (yea, I said it!) comes from the addition of greek yogurt. Plus it adds a little protein boost! You could probably be fine subbing a vegan yogurt, but I haven’t tried. Let me know if you do 🙂
The molasses and the ginger are what give that classic gingerbread flavor. Black strap molasses is sold in most stores near the other sweeteners. It has a unique flavor, and also a lower glycemic index (mean it does not effect your blood sugar levels as much as regular sugar would).
You should be fine subbing this with maple syrup, but just know you’ll miss out on some of that gingerbread taste!
Layer this up with your favorite frosting. I used this one, but use any you like (or homemade)! And don’t forget to sprinkle that cinnamon on top! Adds the perfect little flavor addition.
This is the perfect little treat to make this week for the holidays. I’m so excited for you guys to try this one! Be sure to leave a rating and comment if you give this one a go 🙂 Happy holidays!!Print
Super fluffy grain free gingerbread cake!
- 3 eggs
- 1 (5.3 oz) single serve Greek yogurt (plain, vanilla, or cinnamon flavor)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp black strap molasses
- 3 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups fine almond flour
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- Vanilla frosting
- Holiday sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease an 8×8 baking dish
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Whisk in yogurt, maple syrup, molasses, butter, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar until smooth.
- Stir wet ingredients with all remaining dry ingredients until batter is smooth.
- Spread out into the baking dish with a spatula. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Turn cake out onto a cooling rack and allow to cool, then frost and sprinkle with cinnamon and sprinkles.