Super fluffy grain free gingerbread cake!
- 3 eggs
- 1 (5.3 oz) single serve Greek yogurt (plain, vanilla, or cinnamon flavor)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp black strap molasses
- 3 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups fine almond flour
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- Vanilla frosting
- Holiday sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease an 8×8 baking dish
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Whisk in yogurt, maple syrup, molasses, butter, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar until smooth.
- Stir wet ingredients with all remaining dry ingredients until batter is smooth.
- Spread out into the baking dish with a spatula. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Turn cake out onto a cooling rack and allow to cool, then frost and sprinkle with cinnamon and sprinkles.