Paleo and vegan friendly banana walnut cookies!
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (sub coconut oil or vegan butter for vegan)
- 1 spotty ripe banana
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup super fine almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mash the banana and mix with melted butter, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Mix dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until well combined, then fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Scoop out dough into 10 cookies. Sprinkle each cookie with extra chocolate chips and a pinch of flakey sea salt (optional), then slightly press down each ball of dough.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Allow to cool before serving. Can be stored on the counter in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.