Simple salmon with a sesame oil and coconut amino glaze! No sugar added, paleo friendly, and delish!
- 2 salmon filets
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Sea salt + pepper
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp avocado oil, divided
- 1–2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- Season the salmon with garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, and pepper (plus red pepper flakes if you want some spice).
- Heat a cast iron or non stick skillet over medium heat with 1 tbsp of the avocado oil. Place the salmon in the pan skin side down, the drizzle the tops of the filets with another 1 tsp avocado oil.
- Allow salmon to cook for 3-4 minutes, then pour the coconut aminos and the sesame oil over the filets and cook for another 2-3 minutes. A glaze will start to form in the pan– use a spoon to spoon the glaze over the tops of the salmon.
- Flip the salmon and cook until desired doneness, about 3-5 minutes.