Felt like baking a little something today, and ended up with these perfect little vegan and gluten free monster cookies! With the always perfect combo of peanut butter, banana, oats, and chocolate.
You can’t get a much better flavor combo than that! They are so delicious and so simple.
It’s a one bowl batter that’s easy to whip up, and can easily be doubled for a bigger batch if you need it! I also love these because they get a low of their sweetness from the bananas, so you don’t need a crazy amount of added sugars! Just a bit of maple syrup and the chocolate candies for some added sweetness 🙂
To ensure these are gluten free, just make sure your oats are certified gluten free oats! And for totally vegan, make sure your chocolate candies are vegan as well! I like to use these chocolate gems.
They can also be made peanut free if you need them to be- just swap in any nut or seed butter!
The dough will be a bit sticky- but just embrace a little mess! It’s also easier if you have a cookie scoop, but will work just fine without one!
These gluten free + vegan monster cookies will quickly become a go-to dessert recipe- they’re just too easy and too good! Let me know if you give these a try! xoPrint
Gluten free and vegan peanut butter banana monster cookies. An easy one bowl batter!
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 cups gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt*
- 1/2 cup chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana with the maple syrup and vanilla until little lumps remain.
- With a rubber spatula, stir in the peanut butter then fold in the remaining ingredients, besides the chocolate candies, until everything is well-combined. Fold in the chocolate candies.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out 12 cookies, then use your hands to gently shape and slightly press down each cookie. The dough will be slightly sticky.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, then allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before enjoying. Store leftovers in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days.
*If your peanut butter in not salted, I recommend adding a bit more salt to the batter.